Betta female ill? Help!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
I noticed that one of the females in my 10 gallon hasn't been very excited at feeding time lately. I put her in a seperate bowl because I thought she might be sick, but she has been showing some really strange behavior. The fish in my 10 gallon are used to a diet of high quality fish flakes and frozen blood worms a few times a week. Well, this little girl shows no interest in the flakes (no surprise there, but I thought I'd try it anyway.) The bloodworms sink to the bottom so quick that she can't get most of them, and won't eat from the bottom. I also tried Hikari Betta Bio-Gold "baby pellets" which she seems to want to eat, but she spits them out as though she can't swallow! She'll take them into her mouth for a few seconds, then spit them out and repeat the process multiple times before she gives up. Sometimes she'll get one and then keep her mouth open for long periods of time as though she's choking. I know none of the food is too big for her, since I have smaller bettas who handle it with ease... what could be the problem?? She's visibly thinner than my other girls... but then again, my other girls are little piggies :p

And on a completely random note... on a post made earlier, someone said that fish don't yawn. I thought I had remembered hearing otherwise, so I looked it up. They do indeed yawn *lol*
How bored was I?! :lol: :*)

iloveyou said:
maybe shes a psycho... i donno :X
Lol.... maybe her mother never told her not to play with her food? :p
Though with bettas, I guess that would be the father's job...

Most reactions

Back