Betta belly!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RIA.1005

Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the last time I have to post here. I recently had issues with a nitrite spike but thanks to everyone's help here the tank is stable. I used filter media from a friends tank to kick start my cycle over again. So here's my current issue. Shes got a belly, a upward curve in her spine:( and shes turning blue (but I think shes a marble so I'm not too concerned about that one). I've had her for 3 months and I've never had a feeding issue. Once I noticed the belly I had her fast for 3 days, didnt do much. I tried 1/2 a pea hoping she needed fiber, didnt do much. I'm hoping the nitrite spike didnt hurt her. I caught it in 24ish hours. And since I know I'm gunna get asked I feed her micro pellets and some kind of protein fish flake thing. 2-3 times a daily maybe 2-4 micropellets depending on her mood and maybe 1-2 flakes. I like to switch them off so she gets a good range. She still has an appetite, swims normal. No pinecone scales or swimming sideways. Like I said tank stats are back to normal and steady. I'll post a before and after pic, she was also swimming downward in the pic, it's a screenshot of a video so the curve is kind of exaggerated. Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-023618_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-023618_Gallery.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210302-023552_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-023552_Video Player.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35
Alsooo, what got me on this site in the first place was an issue with my ADF. He was sick and died within a week. The whole reason I started having issues was after I changed the tank water and filter media. Is it possible that she caught something and that's why shes bloated it's been almost 2 weeks since I had my ADF.

She is probably developing eggs. When mature fish are well fed and kept in good conditions they develop gametes (eggs & sperm). Female Bettas are no different and start to develop eggs, which remain in their body until they breed.

Monitor her poop and as long as its coloured and normal, and she is eating well, don't worry about it.

It's unlikely she caught anything from the frog. It's usually the other way around, the frog catches something from the fish or the frog dies because of the medications used to treat the fish. If you had a water quality issue (ammonia, nitrite or nitrate), that would kill the frog or at least weaken it and allow diseases to kill it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back