Best Way To Attach Plants To Wood & Stone?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

valeofglam

Reaction score
Hey, I attached some java fern to my bogwood using some sewing nylon thread. It looks unsightly and I r bought some new carpeting plants so is there a more preferred way of attaching them together?

I used clear fishing line. Worked a treat, make sure it's tight

Superglue ?

Sounds my kind of thing! No messy cotton thread or fishing lines! How long do you wait for it to dry or is it just glue and put back in straight away? Is it safe? Do you need to avoid any brands or types of glue ?

make sure the area of stone / wood your gluing to is free muck and grime, give it a rub with scourer pad, then just glue, leave a couple of minutes to dry then pop it back into the tank, try not to use to much as it turns white and can look unsightly. 

Shadders said:
make sure the area of stone / wood your gluing to is free muck and grime, give it a rub with scourer pad, then just glue, leave a couple of minutes to dry then pop it back into the tank, try not to use to much as it turns white and can look unsightly.
yep agreed. Totally safe mate and any superglue will do. Most dry pretty much instantly:)

A damp surface will make it stick more quickly. There may be a slight white mark when the glue is underwater so don't put too much on. It goes after a few weeks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back