Best Thing To Eat Mts?

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
3,184
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Surrey
as in the title. what is the best thing to eat malasian trumpet snails?? something that wont breed to quickly!
 
I've got some snail eating snails (clea helenae) and they have reduced my MTS to a handfull. :good:
 
i have never seen my lfs stock them! anyone else have any ideas?
 
Depends on the size of tank and other inhabitants.

Puffers if the tank is empty. Clown loaches if it is huge tank. Y. Sidthimunki if it is a community and relatively small tank.
 
thanks snapefish, tey look nice as well. will they eat fry?
 
I'm guessing since you mention fry that it is a standard community tank, which would mean your are asking about Y. Sidthimunki?

Probably. Although since I have no livebearers I don't know for sure. I do know they are mad. (I have 4)

Can also be found as "Dwarf Botia", "Dwarf chain loach", "Chipmunk loach" and a few others.

See: TFF info
 
thanks. i have a fry tank with snail in it and i was wondering before the population goes mad if there was anything i could get to keep the snails under controll and that wodnt eat my fry! but last resort i could put the loaches in the main tank and move a few snails!
 
I was infested with ramshorn (hundreds) and a few mts before I had them. I got them because I really wanted them though - the fact that a week afterwards all I could find is 1-2 large snails was just a bonus!
 
yeah sounds good. although i am fully stockedatm so i mite have to wait till i have no fry in the fry tank and then get some!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top