Best Sython/Gravel Cleaner

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kamikaze_worm

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forums here.

My cheapey sython i used for water change and Gravel Cleaner has broken today, so I am looking for a new one.

I have a 125L tank with fine white sand on the bottom. Looking for something people recommend for both parts of cleaning.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

New to the forums here.

My cheapey sython i used for water change and Gravel Cleaner has broken today, so I am looking for a new one.

I have a 125L tank with fine white sand on the bottom. Looking for something people recommend for both parts of cleaning.

Thanks in advance
This is a little expensive but it makes water changes 100x easier... Its a python water changer and it connects up to a hose or to a faucet. Once it is connected you turn a valve on the part connected to the faucet and then turn on he cold water which makes the water in your tank siphon out... Once the siphoning has started, you dont need to keep the water running as long as the tank is higher than the faucet. All the dirty water goes down the sink and THEN no more lugging buckets... You get the temperature just right by messing with the hot and cold handles and then flip the valve again (dont forget to add in the conditioner before flipping the valve) then the water goes straight too the tank with no mess... Im trying to get one but as a teen with no job atm, thats a bit hard...

+1 to the Python Water changer, provided you have a compatible faucet to hook it up to.

Agree on the Python, though I don't use the faucet siphon. I got mine used, the 'cap' on the vacuum cylinder eventually cracked, so I will need to get a new vacumm attachment.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

This is probably a bit late but you can make a gravel cleaner out of a 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle and a length of plastic hose or garden hose.

Get a plastic drink bottle and cut the bottom off. Throw the bottom piece in the recycle bin.
Remove the lid and plastic ring from the top and throw those 2 bits in the recycle bin.
Put a hose in the top of the bottle and you have a gravel cleaner.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back