Best Place To Buy? (uk)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aquascaper

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Well my tank is finally cycled and it's time to start looking for fish.

I've decided on a species only tank with pseudotrophus saulosi - 3 males, 12 females - but I'm struggling to find anywhere near me (Aberdeen) that stocks in those quantities/know what they're stocking. Are there any good online places that will not only supply but allow the choice of sex? I work from home so being in for a delivery isn't an issue. Obviously I'd rather buy from a shop so I can choose the fish but options are limited.

Thanks.

Discovery Aquatics in Dundee is a good shop and might be able to order in what you want. Doesn't sell on line but it's less than 60 miles from Banchory if your willing to travel.

Thanks for the info.

LFS up here are ok but don't have a lot of stock of one particular fish so I'd have to specially order mine which they may or may not do.

Mikes Rift looks ok but is very expensive even without the shipping so that would be a last resort.

As for Dundee, it may be less than 60 miles but you have to go over the mountains so takes ages and costs a lot in fuel (way more than the most expensive shipping charges) so I'll give that a miss.

Guess I need to talk to my LFS tomorrow and go from there.

One question though, is it better to put all fish in at once or could they be added in groups (1m + 3f). The tank has been cycled to 6ppm Ammonia so how would that work if a small number of fish were added? Would the filter keep that up or not? In other words, would the filter capacity drop to the smaller level due to the lower Ammonia input?

try on cleveland malawi's group on facebook they get the fish imported from germany aquabeek and aquatreff so great quality! and only £12 postage via apc

i'm thinking about getting mine from here :)
Code:
http://www.rippleswaterlife.co.uk/?cid=156

how many could i have in a tank sized 160x50x50cm ? thx!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back