Best Place To Buy A Small Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Silversun5

Reaction score
alright well i'm beginning my jouney on the nano-reef tank. i gotta begin somewhere right? well i'm thinkin bout starting small and i thinking bout a 5.5 gallon to a 10 gallon. where would be the best place to buy one online? any specific brand or could i create my own?

Because there's not point me recommending any places I know as the chances of them shipping from England to America is somewhere slightly less than zero. :X

What kind of tank do you want? Fish only? Fish only with Live Rock? Reef?...

You can buy one of the setups like the NanoCube or you can just buy an AGA standard 10 gallon tank... If you want a standard AGA 10 gallon, your best bet would probably just be a Wal-Mart or LFS as they're pretty heavy and shipping would probably end up costing more than the tank.

What kind of tank do you want? Fish only? Fish only with Live Rock? Reef?...

You can buy one of the setups like the NanoCube or you can just buy an AGA standard 10 gallon tank... If you want a standard AGA 10 gallon, your best bet would probably just be a Wal-Mart or LFS as they're pretty heavy and shipping would probably end up costing more than the tank.

i think i want fish and liverock... i dont think reef is an option. I looked into nano cubes but i heard some bad news bout how they break easily i'm not sure exactly. i've been searching so i dont know any suggestions?

Personally, I'd just go with the 10 gallon AGA aquarium and get a Coralife 50/50 bulb to go in the hood. If you get the flourescent light hood, the Coralife will fit right in it. Get a powerhead or two, heater, thermometer, hydrometer and you should be good to get started. The nanos take a lot of work, so I'd do a lot of reading online first to see how other people have done it and learn from their mistakes to save you the trouble of making the same ones ;)

It's the 24 gallon Nano Cubes that are having a problem with the cracking at the corners though, not the 12 gallon.

Hi..if you want to start out with a 'complete' system, look into the new and upcoming AquaPod. Eventually, if you get experience and want to upgrade to a reef, the hood can be changed out to a SunPod which has a metal halide (when you have more experience and dinero).

JBJ, which distributes the NanoCube, reportedly is having the tanks upgraded with thicker glass and improved shipping. You can email their company and find out when the improved tank is coming out.

AGA tanks offer the best 'flexibility' with regards to how you want to equip your tank. However, if you want simplicity, a Nano Cube is virtually ready to go on purchase. SH

Hi..if you want to start out with a 'complete' system, look into the new and upcoming AquaPod. Eventually, if you get experience and want to upgrade to a reef, the hood can be changed out to a SunPod which has a metal halide (when you have more experience and dinero).

JBJ, which distributes the NanoCube, reportedly is having the tanks upgraded with thicker glass and improved shipping. You can email their company and find out when the improved tank is coming out.

AGA tanks offer the best 'flexibility' with regards to how you want to equip your tank. However, if you want simplicity, a Nano Cube is virtually ready to go on purchase. SH

i looked up a few Aquapods, not a bad price at all. anyone know the cheapest place i can find it? is there a preferred site or store?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back