Best Otpions

ktricky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Right i am off to buy a new camera tomorrow and thought i would ask the knowledgeable people on here

i am looking to take mainly aquatic photo's and would like to the best one for that type of job but i am on a budget of arround £70-£80

is their a really good camera (not bothered about mp's) for really nice shots of my fish

i had a cannon a410 and did like it but the kids destroyed and went down the loo and then out the window so that was the last expensive camera i bought :crazy:

so any ideas ? :good:

well its going to need a macro lens, . don't know much about cameras. ive got an olympus of some description and it works ok on some modes. it doesnt have a macro. if you can afford one a digital SLR would be your best bet.

Most compact digital cameras have a macro setting.

I have a mid class SLR and my little compact has a better macro ability.

But I can put lenses on my SLR to make it better.

i have heard about putting lenses on the canons but not too sure what they do lol

i have an slr but its film not digital and is a nightmare to get qickshots off especially if i just see my pleco as he will be gone in a min

Where abouts are you located?

Is there any particular brand you are looking at?

Maybe something within the Canon range... or there's Sony or even the Nikon Coolpix which is quite good for its price.

manchester

we will see what the shos say today

cheers tho am looking @ the cannon a560/550

well in the end i went for a cheapo camera that was recomended to me by the clerk was £45

This one

and am loving the pics off it

Great stuff!

Post up some of your photos when you have some time :)

I'm sure you will have fun snapping away!

2day.

some pics not figured out how to take it off auto yet but hey

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0853.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0917.jpg

DSCF0856.jpg

i am very suprised at the results to be honest my 5mp camera that this replaced was really pap at anything and that was only £5 less than this one

thanx for the comments

just have to figure out this raw and iso and f# things that the manual goes on about lol :book: :thanks:

i am very suprised at the results to be honest my 5mp camera that this replaced was really pap at anything and that was only £5 less than this one

thanx for the comments

just have to figure out this raw and iso and f# things that the manual goes on about lol :book: :thanks:

Haha... Just wait till you get a Digital SLR... By the way, it looks like one, but it isn't, right?

That's pretty good for 5mp.

You wouldn't need raw if you were just taking general photos. Raw is a type of file that you use when you want to change it later on, on a computer...

ISO speed is important. use these recommended settings:

100/200 - Sunny Outdoors
400/800 - Overcast Skies, In the Evening
1600 - Night or Dark indoors

Hope that helps :)

yer that helps a little now to the rest lol

it does look like a slr and has a huge zoom and then has digital zoom ontop of that lol

their is so many settings have to learn them as well lol

Most reactions

Back