Beginner at scaping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sussy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, I am working on a scape and does anybody have any thoughts and tips on this scape and some things i could add?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 51
I am personally not good at scaping either but maybe look online and find a scape that you would like and look closely and see how they may have built it. If you find one you like put it on here so maybe we can help piece it together, but that would be a good start.

Nice so far...in my opinion, a big ol' piece of wood and some cryptocoryne...and some vallisineria at the back

It depends on the piece you choose but I agree with Geoffrey, find a piece that will add interest to the top parts of the aquarium

Great idea, i was also thinking about some valisnaria. Where do you think i can place the wood
I feel like the wood in the center would look good kind of as a center piece and to break up the aquarium. If you get a twisty kind of one not sure what it’s called. You could put some plants in the crevices such as Anubias and other plants that prefer their roots out of substrate.

I feel like the wood in the center would look good kind of as a center piece and to break up the aquarium. If you get a twisty kind of one not sure what it’s called. You could put some plants in the crevices such as Anubias and other plants that prefer their roots out of substrate.
I think i know which wood you mean, spider wood. Im kinda lazy to be honest so I am thinking about getting a small piece of wood and have it lay next to the rocks and plants. I may also get some floaters so i can get more action on top like you guys suggested.

I really like manzanita branches. You can lean them against the back wall of the tank. Or superglue one to a rock for a base and stand it in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back