Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

These are great fish. I'd be very worried about the crabs in your tank though, I would have imagined that guy might dine on them at some point?

We shall see! Hopefully not though. He snuffed at one yesterday, it went in it's shell, and he moved along. I'm not saying that's a sure sign that he won't pick them off one by one.

Your Clean up crew should be fine as most Cowfish are generally Peaceful towards snails etc but he may pick at your corals

Very nice little fish - good luck with him :good:

Wuv, you are brave! Especially building a reef around him! :lol: Looks like alot of trial and error is going to occur when you introduce corals as to what he will nip etc. You know what your going into though, and im pleased you also knew that before you bought! :good: An example many should follow. Fingers crossed for you.

Oh, and if youve taken pictures of him in the 100, we need full tank shots now! :lol:

:wub: He/she is stunning. I just absolutely love those lips. What a gorgeous guy. Congrats, I'm sure you are really pleased with him/her. And being hand fed seaweed, that is too adorable. Have you got any pics of him eating??

Good luck, he/she is amazing.

:D

Great looking fish!
And i dont think hes ugly at all.. :)

:good:

Mikey

wicked fish!! I've always wanted one of those..... not for us just yet though!

Ahhhh you finally got your little dream fish ! :wub: That must be one of the custest little things I've seen and I can completely understand building a whole 100gallons just around him!

Ps: what is the scientific name and how big do they get ?

Miagi, my tank is as bare as it was when I set it up seven months ago :look: But here it is...without flash (I really need to work on that skill!)
ctank.jpg

cowfish9.jpg

And for Alexandcarmen..
mydaughter feeding him this morning
cowfishfeed.jpg

then me :D (my turn, my turn!)
cowfishfeed2.jpg

Chac, that's reassuring!

Bloo, I'd have to look up the scientific name, but they say that they reach up to 20 inches in the wild. I don't think anybody has one that large in a home aquarium though.

CFC :wub:

jayjay, he's probably about 7 inches or so. Maybe slightly smaller, possibly slightly bigger.

and thanks to catfish are cool, and Miss Wiggle!

It's only about 90 pounds, I want at least another 50. I bought it piece by piece at first for like 6.99 a pound. Then I found a guy who sells it for 189.00 per fifty pounds so I bought one of those. I'm going to get another box off of him as soon as I get some extra cashflow.

Ps: what is the scientific name and how big do they get ?

His scientific name is Lactoria cornuta

He is a big beasttie :hey:

What a beautiful fish - you dont need anything else in there :wub: :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

Back