Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Convict cichlid

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Firemouth

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Kennyi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think if you get a F0 green terror they are much more aggressive. Mine is the most aggressive in my tank, but doesn't have any of the hyper-aggressive cichlids to stand up to him. A convict and JD. I think the F0 has the red tipped fins. Mine has an off orange color. I donno if it will turn out white tipped or orange. Still a great fish IMO.

I had 3 oscars in a 100 gal tank and fed em beefheart, pellets, feeders, flake. I think another large part of keeping them from gettin HITH is diet. You need a varied diet to keep em healthy as well as a good WC regimine. JME when i kept mine. I grew them from 2" to about 10". They moved 3 times with me and didn't get a disease once. I had em for about 2 years and finally had to sell em. Man i miss those guys :sad:

Oscars and green terrors can indeed be aggressive.....it depends on the individual fish!!!

While I agree that they may never be as aggressive as a RT, RD, midas, they can still be calssed as being aggressive.

I left out P. motaguense due to it should be classed with the oscar and green terror due to being less aggressive as the others as well.

You mention the "flowerhorn" as being a cichlid!! Sorry, but this man made monstrosity can and should never be mentioned in the same breath as a cichlid as it is NOT a cichlid!!!

It is a hybrid and therfore is not a recongnized species!!!

While the main cause (IMO) for hole in the head is poor water quality....there are other considerations that may cause the disease as well!!!

Poor diet, stress, electrical conductivity in the water. All of these singlely or in combination can cause an outbreak of HITH.

CM

My vote is for the lemon cichlid (red devil)

I don't quite understand what you mean here!!

Why is the red devil next to lemon cichlid??

The lemon cichlid (neolamprologus leleupi) is a really nice fish in it's own right and can be a highly aggressive species for it's size.

The red devil (Amphilophus labiatus) is also a great fish. Highly aggressive and responsive to it's owner until it turns on you!!

Both great fish to have.

CM

wow, my little poll is turned into a heated debate on agresive cihclids!!! KOOL lol :lol: and the krib was on the list but they but there wasnt enuf room so they got kicked off an dif ur fave isnt on there vote for u fave out of them! :D :hyper:

i voted for the jewel but my real favorite is either the red devil or dovii. both are very cool fish with lots of personality.

red devil turn on you?! that only gives you cool battle scars that you can show off! like the scar from the 2 stitches that i had from mine :D

semper fi

i see the list but where are all the good cichlids??? lol

I voted for jewels but my favourite has got to be a dovii (male) without a doubt. So much personality and raw power. Mean as it gets :)

From the list - Rams. But particularly the Bolivian Ram. They are the perfect size for a medium Amazon Community tank and are so flippin' cute when they watch you back.

There isnt the interaction that there is with the larger more brainy cichlids but these guys faces can just make you melt.

I would have chosen Keyhole cichlid given the option

Most reactions

Back