Barbed Connectors In The U.k ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

donkey

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Anyone know where i can buy Barbed Connectors from in the U.K . i am thinking about making a DIY External Reactor and i need the fittings for the end of the tube. i would like the kind where you drill a hole in the end caps push the fitting in the hole and a nut would screw on to the back of it.

Thanks guys

:good:

Hi Guys
Anyone know where i can buy Barbed Connectors from in the U.K . i am thinking about making a DIY External Reactor and i need the fittings for the end of the tube. i would like the kind where you drill a hole in the end caps push the fitting in the hole and a nut would screw on to the back of it.

Thanks guys

Model shops (RC planes etc...) When I experimented with DIY CO2, I araldited standed airline connectors into the bottle tops....

I'm looking for something too. I saw this on an American website [http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html] and want something similar:

forq1721.JPG

Thanks Guys
that is what i need for the air line to go on. now i need the same thing but bigger. about 12 or 16mm for the pipes from the external filter to fit over.

Can you get them bulkhead fuel connectors anywhere in the U.K ? i had a look round on the net but im not seeing them.

Thanks BigC,
but none of them fittings seem to have a nut on the back of them. all i want to do is drill a hole and push the fitting through the hole and screw the nut on the back of it ,

Thanks BigC,
but none of them fittings seem to have a nut on the back of them. all i want to do is drill a hole and push the fitting through the hole and screw the nut on the back of it ,

There probably is you know...
Barbed threaded elbows and Barbed threaded joiners. All you need is the back washer which I'm sure they'll supply.
Why dont you give them a ring and explain your predicament and I bet they'll have something to suit your needs.
Regards
BigC

Just get a hoselock joiner and a couple of rubber washers like the ones that you fit under bath taps when you screw them into position. (when you buy the joiners use them to measure the washers you would need)

Then you would unscrew one side of the joiner, place the rubber washer over the thread, fit it through the hole in the reactor body, put the other washer on the outside feed the other end cap over the hose. push the hose into position and screw the cap on tight which will then grip the washers to the body as well as holding the hose properly.

I don't have any spare washers to show you but here is what I mean by hoselock joiners (Wilko £1ish)

When complete it would be assembled = screw cap-joiner-washer-reactor body-washer-screw cap

hoselockjoin.jpg

Andy

This is for a CO2 reactor, isnt it ? I guess he needs them to fit into a bottle cap ? In which case, the pipes only the diameter of airline....
I just used an airline "inline" connector (used to join airline) then araldited it into a cap.... worked a treat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back