Banjar

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

the rrp was £400 he is from the wan hu fish farm
i brought him home yesterday
home.jpg

home1.jpg

while he was in the poly box i rested the lid on and went to the loo and he jumped out :crazy:
and the clown knife ended up on the floor when i transferred it to the 300 :crazy:

not quite discus angel, a newly hatched aro can't be chipped straight away at a few inches. Some farms will leave it until they reach more like 5" so there's little risk in injecting the fish with the chip as too young and they risk hitting the swim bladder.

My Wan Hu certificate says 20th September '04 so I guessed he was born around june making him 3 months old when he was chipped.

So I would guess yours is about 6 months old being born in December.

Looks like some top colours in the box pictures, what have you got him feeding on at the moment?

not quite discus angel, a newly hatched aro can't be chipped straight away at a few inches. Some farms will leave it until they reach more like 5" so there's little risk in injecting the fish with the chip as too young and they risk hitting the swim bladder.

My Wan Hu certificate says 20th September '04 so I guessed he was born around june making him 3 months old when he was chipped.

So I would guess yours is about 6 months old being born in December.

Looks like some top colours in the box pictures, what have you got him feeding on at the moment?

wops i thought it was a birth certificate :blush: lol!

he eats everything that i have tried so far he is a very hungry fish
prawns,fish,crickets,mealworms and river shrimp

wow his colours have certainly inproved :hyper:

hes a stunning little chap :good:

i heard that if you feed all the mealworms and crickets with carrots then feed them to the aro the carrotine colours up the red.
probably rubbish but im trying it anyway :rolleyes:

Oh he has nice colors so far! I wish I could afford an arowana like him, but unfourtenetly I can't. Does he get along good with the gar? I remember reading that gars and arowanas are not good tankmates because they are both top swimming fish, I think you know what your doing though so I'm probably wrong.

Nice new pics, looks more red on the tail now; may be something to do with the carrotine. I sware that hes grown, cirtanly in the body area anyway.
That gar is stunning too, is it 'just' a standard spotted?.

Most reactions

Back