Bamboo shrimp

Dwarfs

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I recently saw a bamboo shrimp for sale at a local petstore. I could probably take care of it with no info but its better to have some. If you have info or photographs it would be very appreciated :hey:

Bamboo shrimp should eat fish flakes and any sinking pellets.u can also feed them algae discs, spirulina discs, and live foods.they may hide in filtersif there is no caving or good hiding places.ive also heard the can be suicidle and try to get out of the tank :D another way to feed them is to blow baby brine shrimp intot heir fan, and they will also eat stuff out of the substrate. here is what i think is a bamboo shrimp
food.h41.jpg

hope that info helps u

I have 2 bammboo/wood shrimp and i have had trouble in finding out about them all i seem to get on the net is recipes to cook them! :sick:

I had a similar problem when I got my Softshell Turtle. Nothing but Cajun recepies for Turtle gumbo.

I have never seen mine eat, although the ones at the LFS seem to... BTW they're filter feeders if you couldn't tell by those neat little fans. My bamboo shrimp loves climbing up the filter outtakes and hanging out in the bio-wheel section of my eclipse tank. I gave up on keeping him out. Also, they shed, so dont be worried when you wake up one morning and find what looks like a translucent dead shrimp on the tank floor.

I HAD ghost shrimp that shed. I think my badis badis got hungry though. They're gone. I'm gonna try bamboo shrimp. My fish can't eat those. (but i can LOL) :D :rofl:

I got him. So bizzare but, so cool. There are pis in the pic section under "I got new fish so cool!!! " or someting like that.

Theres pics of my bamboo/wood shrimp on the link below, go to my 17 litre then down the page and youll see em! or just use the drop down menu :D

Mine looks nothing like that, i have pics in the pics section, "I got new fish, so cool!!!" And he looks nothing like that. It is probably on the 2nd page.

Most reactions

Back