balloon kissing gouramis?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

.Occy.

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
At my lfs, I was looking around and saw balloon kissing gouramis...what are these crossed with? i didnt like the lok of them, they didnt seem too healthy :(

i blelive that balloon gourami,or any balloon fish for that matter are hybridized,its just caused through different ways of the breeders
JMO
DD

Balloon Mollies are the result of linebreeding, chances are that this is the same situation.

mr_miagi32 You're not allowd tobash hybridisation in this forum

The 'balloon' trait is just a random mutation that showed up (just like some of the colors that appear in various fish) and is simply now line bred, as mentioned, to keep it in the species. It's similar to balloon rams and mollies and is not hybridised. Besides the shape and a slight difference in size, balloon kissers are exactly the same as any kissing gourami.

Just t keep things straight the ballon ram is actually a cross between a ram and an angel (they are rather closely related)

Opcn said:
Just t keep things straight the ballon ram is actually a cross between a ram and an angel (they are rather closely related)
I've heard that's just a myth because the shape of balloon rams tends to make them look like angelfish... they're not actually hybrids.

Synirr said:
Opcn said:
I've heard that's just a myth because the shape of balloon rams tends to make them look like angelfish... they're not actually hybrids.
so true,escept people heard about this myth and tried it out,i have balloon rams which were line bred,the reason i know is because if you look at the balloon rams mouth and it has a sort of deformed mouth and cant close it ,it was hybridized
DD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back