Badger's 150g Rio Negro/Orinoco Flooded Rain Forest

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bad ich outbreak. All of the red phantoms affected. Raised the temp to 83F (will go up to 85 tomorrow) and treating with paraguard. I hope it doesn't harm the whiptails, but they have ich too so there isn't much to lose, I guess.

Bad ich outbreak. All of the red phantoms affected. Raised the temp to 83F (will go up to 85 tomorrow) and treating with paraguard. I hope it doesn't harm the whiptails, but they have ich too so there isn't much to lose, I guess.
Really hope they all make a good recovery!

This tank is depressing me a bit at the moment. Between persistent blue green algae (despite pristinely clean water, huge weekly water changes, and a great deal of messing with the light schedule), a huge ich outbreak, and the biggest angelfish being sick...I'm not having fun with this.

Haven't seen any ich for a couple days. Will continue to treat until tomorrow to wipe out any lingering beasties, then do a water change and lower the temp back to normal. Lost all but one red phantom and several cories to this outbreak.

White fin/rosy tetras and lemon tetras on the way to replace the school of red phantoms killed off by ich. Many crypts planted to replace the plants killed off by the ich medicine. At least all the whiptails made it. The angels, too, though one of them is pretty worse for the wear and I don't know if he'll make it.

My clients and I are really enjoying these white fin tetras (Hyphessobrycon rosaceus). They're always out in the open, not the least bit shy, which is kind of fun after having red phantoms for a couple of years, which tended to hang out in the shadows. They're really pretty too, and should become more so as they color up. And best of all, the angelfish haven't eaten them!

Outstanding! Tank is looking brilliant when you get in close its so natural you forget its a tank.

Your Sturisoma are really active too! When I had mine they were not shy but didnt move around as much as yours even in my 6 foot tank.

Wills

Thanks, everybody. @Wills That sturisoma is probably my favorite fish in the tank. As far as I know I lost all the smaller ones to that bad ich outbreak a couple months ago. I really wish I could get more of them. They are super cool fish.

I am really pleased with how things are going in this tank. It's hard to believe that a few short months ago I was pretty depressed about it. The blue-green algae has completely cleared up, and there is very little mulm on the bottom. Fish and plants are all looking great. These pics are from before I did tank maintenance today. Ain't life wonderful.

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back