Bad Conditions For A Dwarf Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DanielKeepsFish said:
yeah i was just throwing ideas out there. Haven't done too much research on these species yet.

I read the article on Badis Badis, seems like an interesting fish to keep, but a lot of work. 

For the angelfish, I could move them to a 55 gallon tank, but i might hold off on them until it's for sure.

Any other suggestions? 

I would get a zebra pleco if it wasn't 500 bucks...

Yes, the Zebra Pleco (Hypancistrus zebra) is indeed a nice fish.  I had one back in the 1990's when it cost $60 which was the most I ever paid for a fish but I really enjoyed the fish.

You are very wise to wait until you actually have the 55g before getting fish that will need this tank.  All sorts of issues can arise, preventing one from acquiring the larger tank.  I learned (the hard way) a maxim years ago that I always follow: I never buy a fish about which I do not know the scientific name, habitat, requirements (water parameters, special aquascaping, etc) and behaviours, and for which I do not now own a tank that will comfortably house it at full maturity.  This has saved me some grief along the way.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back