bacterial infection??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Follow the directions on the packet. Normally you just add it to the tank because the fish drink the medicated water and the chemicals get drawn through the skin and into the body.

Hi Colin,

Sorry me again :)
Ive been using Flubendazole the last month to cure a worm issue.

Ive dosed the medication once a week for 4 weeks and done a 75% water change and cleaned gravel / filter pads 48 hrs after. (Got the last water change tomorrow)

First couple of weeks i was still seeing some white poo on gravel but none for the last two until yesterday i saw some coming from one of my cherry barbs :( :( :(

Is there anything else i could try or do?

If you have finished 4 weeks of treatment then leave them be for a while. As long as the fish are eating properly, they should be fine. Sometimes it takes a month or so for the fish's digestive tract to work normally again after the worms have been removed. This can cause them to do a bit of white poop after the treatment. However, it should get less frequent over the next few weeks and eventually stop. If it continues after a couple of months and the fish are still eating well, the medication might not have killed all the worms.

If they do a stringy white poop and stop eating or don't eat as much, post another picture and we can talk about other medications.

If you have finished 4 weeks of treatment then leave them be for a while. As long as the fish are eating properly, they should be fine. Sometimes it takes a month or so for the fish's digestive tract to work normally again after the worms have been removed. This can cause them to do a bit of white poop after the treatment. However, it should get less frequent over the next few weeks and eventually stop. If it continues after a couple of months and the fish are still eating well, the medication might not have killed all the worms.

If they do a stringy white poop and stop eating or don't eat as much, post another picture and we can talk about other medications.

Ok thanks Colin. Their all eating well at the moment so ill just keep an eye on them.

Cheers :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back