Backgrounds......

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bennett418

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Been having a read up and i need a background, but i dont want the dodgy "scenes" that are sold of the roll what else can i use? must go behind the tank not inside...

if you just want a plain colour you can either buy them from the lfs (tucked in amongst the dodgy scenes will be some plain ones)

or you can just get some coloured card/relativley thick paper and stick that on the back, some people will even paint straight onto the back of the tank.

we just got some hardboard (cos it's free from Ian's work... would use something thinner from preference) and painted it black and stuck it on.

One thing to be careful of is make sure the back of the tank is spotless, no water marks or anything or it'll look awful and you'll curse yourself forever for not cleaning it first! :D

if you just want a plain colour you can either buy them from the lfs (tucked in amongst the dodgy scenes will be some plain ones)

or you can just get some coloured card/relativley thick paper and stick that on the back, some people will even paint straight onto the back of the tank.

we just got some hardboard (cos it's free from Ian's work... would use something thinner from preference) and painted it black and stuck it on.

One thing to be careful of is make sure the back of the tank is spotless, no water marks or anything or it'll look awful and you'll curse yourself forever for not cleaning it first! :D

I dont mind really i just think that the scenes look abit dated,

has anyone got a plain blue back ground? what does it look like?

plain blue can look nice, i prefer a nice light bright blue if your gonna do that.

plain blue can look nice, i prefer a nice light bright blue if your gonna do that.

what about the stuff on a roll that is sold in b & q and places like that?? meant to be used to covers wood etc but sure it would work on glass?

sorry i don't know what product you mean :unsure:

If you're going to put it on the outside of the glass, you can really use anything. We have crinkled black tissue paper behind ours - brings out the fish.

Or as MissWiggle says, check out the local fish store or pet shop. Many rolls of pre-made backing come with one side "pretty" and the other side a solid color, either black or blue. A bit expensive, but they are very shiny and will probably look nice.

Spray paint works awesome, no air bubbles or mark.

I don't like the naff aquascape pictures, but there are some quite good ones that are plain rocks like this (Ignore the side with the plants)

I have this one and it is quite dark and unobtrusive whilst looking quite realistic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

The top one not the bottom

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back