Background, No Background Or Painted Black

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish are friends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I Am getting bored with my 60l tank in the living room and want to try something different. I have had no background, a typical plant type background and now i was wondering if painting the background black would be a wise thing. The tank has 8 cardinal tetras, 3 black tetras and 2 danios, might just make it a tetra tank so the black would highlight the colours of the tetras but not 100% sure. If i do paint it can i use any paint?

I've painted my 40L tank and 60l tank now and I have to say it makes such a difference. Well paying for some paint and slapping it on.

Also, Seems abit crowded in that tank no? :p

ill  try painting it and see how it looks...its a very crowded tank no room to swim lol 
biggrin.png

I would try a bit of black card before you commit yourself with painting it, just in case you don't like it :)

I have black sugar paper on the back of mine. Looks fine. Paint looks good too but you can't really change it once you've done it. I've changed my colour several times now.

I also wanted to paint the back black but went for some black cardboard instead.  (Just in case I ever scratch my tank and want to turn it around)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back