GShorty1981
Fish Herder
I have kept Tropicals for about 11 years,a few months ago i made the expensive jump into marines and after i had to make a quick house move and was disheartened over a few expensive losses i decided to sell off my remaining stock and Live Rock and equipment.
Sooo I'm left with a Juwel Rio 125..
I'm going to buy a Ehiem External filter and a FW test kit probably tomorrow to restart a new cycle.
I still have my old heater,2 powerheads that i can use and a rather caked in salt internal filter which i will probably file under 'B'
I'm after something with character,more like a pet fish/es that i can keep in a RIO 125,i dont want lots,i want to keep it bare minimum,just nice and clean.
I used to keep large planted tanks that i spent hundreds on and i found the up keeps and maintenance more than keeping my reef tank! they can look beautiful but this time round i am going to skip it.
In the past i have kept Discus,tons of different tetras,barbs,Oscars,Malawis,Corys,Clown Loachs....you name it i have kept it..
I am thinking maybe Severums?
They have a potential large size but tend to average at around 9"
Do you think 2 Severums (1 green and 1 gold) would be ok in my Rio 125? and is there anything i could keep with them?
My short list of fish that i may keep are...
2 x Angels with some smaller fish like platys as companions (never really kept these before
...which is weird as everyone has kept them at somepoint! ) maybe set up a breeding pair.
2 x Severums (possibly to create a breeding pair)
Festivum,Firemouth and a Kissing Gourami
Gold Severum and a Kissing Gourami
Convicts
Firemouths
I really do not want shoaling fish anymore,i kinda been there and done that with so many diffrent varietys,i think the most fun i ever had with fish was with my Oscars in my old 5 foot tank,my Mrs. hated them tho
I love Cichlids but dont want to go back into keeping Malawis.
Sooo I'm left with a Juwel Rio 125..
I'm going to buy a Ehiem External filter and a FW test kit probably tomorrow to restart a new cycle.
I still have my old heater,2 powerheads that i can use and a rather caked in salt internal filter which i will probably file under 'B'
I'm after something with character,more like a pet fish/es that i can keep in a RIO 125,i dont want lots,i want to keep it bare minimum,just nice and clean.
I used to keep large planted tanks that i spent hundreds on and i found the up keeps and maintenance more than keeping my reef tank! they can look beautiful but this time round i am going to skip it.
In the past i have kept Discus,tons of different tetras,barbs,Oscars,Malawis,Corys,Clown Loachs....you name it i have kept it..
I am thinking maybe Severums?
They have a potential large size but tend to average at around 9"
Do you think 2 Severums (1 green and 1 gold) would be ok in my Rio 125? and is there anything i could keep with them?
My short list of fish that i may keep are...
2 x Angels with some smaller fish like platys as companions (never really kept these before
2 x Severums (possibly to create a breeding pair)
Festivum,Firemouth and a Kissing Gourami
Gold Severum and a Kissing Gourami
Convicts
Firemouths
I really do not want shoaling fish anymore,i kinda been there and done that with so many diffrent varietys,i think the most fun i ever had with fish was with my Oscars in my old 5 foot tank,my Mrs. hated them tho
I love Cichlids but dont want to go back into keeping Malawis.







