Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Back to fishtanks with a Nano

Discussion in 'Nano Reefs' started by gerryo2, Jul 3, 2019.

1. gerryo2

gerryo2 New Member

Hi, I am gerryo2. I was involved with tropical fish for a few years, but gave it up when I moved to an apartment. I have just now ordered a 13.5g Nano tank with a few extras, like sand and salt etc, I still live in an apt. so decided to go to a Nano. I have had a couple of Nanos before and they were quite successful but needed a lot of maintenance in those days.
    This one should be better with better equip. and lights. I don't have the tank yet so am a little nervous. I'm an old man so need to keep the excitement down a few pegs.
    So. We'll see how this one goes with the start of a new Cycle and take it from there.

#1 gerryo2, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Donya

Donya Crazy Crab Lady
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

Post some pics when the tank arrives!

I've got a couple 20gal nanos in my apartment and it feels like they practically run themselves (periodic small water changes being the exception of course). It's amazing how advanced saltwater equipment has gotten. One of my favorite gadgets that makes nanos a lot easier and more stable are tiny auto-top-off systems that I can hook up to a small bucket of freshwater stowed under the tank.

3. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

4. Back in the fold

Back in the fold Fish Fanatic

From one old man to another, welcome back into the fold and good luck to you.