Baby Panda Cory

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jofish

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have just found a baby panda Cory in my tank.Very excited.It is about .5inch long.I have no idea has old it might be. Does anyone know if they are born with black and white markings or do they develop. It has the markings,but as I did not spot him until now I wondered. I am assuming I only have one,but you never know!!!

Congrats!
When they first hatch they're pretty much colourless, after a few days they start to look speckled a bit like a miniature peppered cory, then gradually as they grow the markings start to show

Jofish said:
I have just found a baby panda Cory in my tank.Very excited.It is about .5inch long.I have no idea has old it might be. Does anyone know if they are born with black and white markings or do they develop. It has the markings,but as I did not spot him until now I wondered. I am assuming I only have one,but you never know!!!
This happened to me before, as well. As pointed out, the markings come after a few days and it gets the characteristic black eyes and tail, plus dorsal fin after a few weeks. If it's half an inch, it's probably 3-4 weeks old by now. Mine spawned continually, and although I never saw any eggs, every so often a little panda would pop out and greet me. It's very thrilling, congratulations!!!

Most reactions

Back