Baby Electric Acara. Isbut injured, sick or deformed.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Floridapierce78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a brood of electric Blue Acaras, 11 in total thatbhave made it to this point. My water parameters are
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
10 ppm nitrates
Ph 7.2
All of the kids are doing great some are way way larger than others and some down right tiny. However we have noticed over the last few days there is one that is about in the middle as far as size goes but Is not eating and not frolicking around with its siblings. Just kinds hangs out in a differnet spots. I don't know if its sick, injured or deformed. I can not believe if it was the latter, we didn't notice it until now. Any ideas folks? I tried editing to include pics of a few of them but they just won't stay still. In the last pic, the baby in question is on the bottom.

Attachments

• 20221006_073613.jpg
    20221006_073613.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221006_073630.jpg
    20221006_073630.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221006_074455.jpg
    20221006_074455.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 32
the one in the first picture, and the one in the bottom of the last picture looks to have a sunken stomach. That might mean that some of them have parasites

the one in the first picture, and the one in the bottom of the last picture looks to have a sunken stomach. That might mean that some of them have parasites
Yes that's him. That's weird. All of the. Have been together since eggs. I wonder why it's the only one. What should I do?

Yes that's him. That's weird. All of the. Have been together since eggs. I wonder why it's the only one. What should I do?
some of them might have weaker immune systems. i would treat with food soaked in parasite treatment

I'm sorry, thank you for your help. The little guy passed away. However it was the only one. We we still have the same 10 we have had since moving them out of main tank and into a nursery. I have a question the size difference between the largest and the smallest. Is quite remarkable. Is this normal?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back