B And Q Rocks?

jameshiggins

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
swindon,wiltshire
i went to b and q today and noticed they had some lovely rocks called 'river boulders' i think. would you advise adding they to an aquarium they were pretty cheap too.

james
 
personaly i would as long as you wash them well in hot water before putting them into your tank.

i got the big rocks of slate from my garden centre. very cheap compared to any lfs and exactly the ame as the lfs would sell me.


chris
 
I have used plenty of B&Q rocks but I would be careful if they have any calcium. Though the river rocks sound pretty safe in that aspect.

Nim
 
i found lovely substrate at homebase and really cheap..... but as i want to keep cory's its not as smooth as i would like

not into sand though
 
I saw some smooth green oval pebbles that had spilled out of a previous customer's bag in a trolley at Homebase. They kinda come home with me with my shopping :shifty: and have been in my tank for 8 months now. They get a bit brown but when I do a water change I just turn them over and they are clean on the other side. Next change do the same and the other side now is clean!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top