Axolotl.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

check ebay, freecycle and preloved.

looks like you might have to bite the bullet and raise the price youre prepared to pay.

I can't raise it any further than £60! Who in the world is going to sell a 3ft tank for £60?

Alessa x.

Can't try ebay unless someone will accept an uncrossed postal order because my mum doesn't have a paypal. Will have a look and then tell my mum, if they accept uncrossed postal order i can probably get it but if not then i can't.

Alessa x.

Just ask if you can pay cash on collection. I would be surprised if they said no because you will probably have to go pick it up from them anyway.

Seen a couple but they aren't close enough to me for me to go collect them! :X :X :X

Alessa x.

If not you could always use a big storage box until you can get the tank its better than nothing.

Good idea! I have a storage box(sort of) that's definitely bigger than what it's in!
*gives virtual hug*

Alessa x.

I can't raise it any further than £60! Who in the world is going to sell a 3ft tank for £60?

Alessa x.
Ebay and Gumtree are the best for cheap tanks =got two 4ft tanks with stand for £70 on Ebay. They're full of rescued goldfish now. Plastic storage crates also make good tanks,I kept my goldfish in them indoors last winter during the big freeze. You can get huge crates with lids for under £12.
Your axolotyl looks lovely, I notice he has pink eyes. Does that mean he's albino not leucistic? I thought albinos were a sort of yellowish colour and my pink leucistic axolotylhas black eyes.

You could also try the classified ads in your local newspaper - you can often spot real bargains there and as they are local, all the better!

Athena

We don't get a newspaper.
I don't have a storage box anymore because it is being used. I can get one tomorrow though as i'm not at school and i have a few quid to spend.

Alessa x.

EEEEK!!!
Just noticed a very small amount of fungus on my axolotl's gills!!! Can i half dose fungus treatment for this? Or would i just be better getting some de-chlore and doing daily water changes for a little while? At the minute i can't do daily water changes because they need de-chlorinated water and i have no de-chlore.....

Alessa x.

i think those salamanders (according to wikipedia) are critically endangered.

The (true) wild form as found in Mexico, yes.

These ones are so common in the pet trade its untrue. They breed like nobody's business!

EEEEK!!!
Just noticed a very small amount of fungus on my axolotl's gills!!! Can i half dose fungus treatment for this? Or would i just be better getting some de-chlore and doing daily water changes for a little while? At the minute i can't do daily water changes because they need de-chlorinated water and i have no de-chlore.....

Alessa x.

Ask on caudata; they'll be better equipped to tell you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back