Automated Aquarium Day/night Led Control+2 Colour Leds

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MartinS

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Equipment make/model/size: Automated Aquarium Day/Night LED Control+2 Colour LEDs
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Change of Direction
Delivery or Collection: Either
Sales price: £75
Postage & Packaging: At Cost
Photograph:
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg
This automated controller will independently control 2 channels of led lighting for day and night.
Each channel can be set to switch on and off at any time.
Rather than switching fully on/off like most timers this unit will gradually fade the lights on and off over a user defined time.
The maximum brightness can also be set which is ideal for the night time lighting which won't need to be so bright.
With the timers overlapping the transition from the day lighting to the night lighting can be smooth and gradual.
The status of the lights as well as the current time is shown on the display.
All settings are saved to memory which along with the battery backed up clock means that if power is lost, when restored the unit will carry on at the correct time and settings requiring no user input.
This unit comes with a power supply and a dual 150cm strip of LEDs consisting of one white and one red (white can be seen on in the image). You can see from the images that there is the ability to add another strip, and can provide seller details if required. I paid £93 for this (including delivery), but as it as unused, think my asking price below very fair.
This has only been out of the box to test and photograph, as was purchased as an addition to existing aquarium lighting but have gone down another route. I am confident the LED strips can be trimmed by simply cutting at one of the many break points.
All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

Martin, is this still for sale? can the bar be split so it fits on my cube?/

Yes, it's still available. Surprisingly had little interest.
There are currently two strips, 150cm long, one white and one red. They can be split apart, so you can have white at, say the front, and red at, say, the rear. Or vice versa.
If the 150cm is too long, then you can shorten them by cutting the strips down to a suitable length. As stated, each colour is controlled as a different channel, so white for day and red for night or you can have them both on at the same times.
The original seller provides a dual strip only 25cm long, so you could purchase two of these and not use the 150cm strips. I'm not sure if 25 and 150 are the only two sizes.
Hope that helps?
Martin

Thanks Martin, how do you think these compare to the other led strip I bought off you ? Does this have better depth?
I would need to split to 65cm..

I've not used it so cannot say. Happy to try it out on my 5' and take a photo although being a single strip it won't give the coverage across, but expect it would make a good addition.
You would have to cut the 150 down to 65, maybe the original seller can do another double strip at 65cm but he'll charge you accordingly. Then you'll have 2 white strips and two red.
Martin

If you could take a pic that would be great, do you have details of the seller
Thx

OK, so with one white strip on 100%. I would say the image shows this as being slightly brighter than reality, so as I said, I think it would be great as an addition to existing lights, though with two strips, probably better. For reference, I have plastic condensation trays between the lights and water.
IMG_1324.jpg
Have PM'd you the eBay seller's name.
Thanks
Martin

Thanks will have a think, not sure I really want to shell out 70 for supplementary lights..

Bump...
Price reduced to £60 (plus P&P) to sell.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back