actual Aquarium lights... anyone have this one... wondering if it is the light for me???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score

I currently use some LED plant light strips, that have a basic built in timer, between 3 & 4 of those light strips per aquarium.. & use some LED black lighting, that are a couple feet above the tanks, & over my aerial plants that shade the tank, that I have come on a couple hours before & go off a couple hours after, & are off during the daylight hours... I think this light does the gradual on & off, just making sure I can adjust the hours between sunrise & sun set... ( I use the aquarium lights to wake up in the morning, & want them on all day ) also if it's enough light for a 24 inch deep aquarium with dark water, or if I might want 2 lights??? thoughts???

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I currently use some LED plant light strips, that have a basic built in timer, between 3 & 4 of those light strips per aquarium.. & use some LED black lighting, that are a couple feet above the tanks, & over my aerial plants that shade the tank, that I have come on a couple hours before & go off a couple hours after, & are off during the daylight hours... I think this light does the gradual on & off, just making sure I can adjust the hours between sunrise & sun set... ( I use the aquarium lights to wake up in the morning, & want them on all day ) also if it's enough light for a 24 inch deep aquarium with dark water, or if I might want 2 lights??? thoughts???
Check out hygger sunrise/sunset lights. Relatively inexpensive compared to others that do the same and I have one, it works great!
My only complaint is that there is a limit of I think 7 for editing times and dimming periods throughout the day, but I set it up where it works well for me

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Trying to figure out these lights… I bought some of the digital ones, and looks like the time can be set well, but not the light intensity… the others, same brand not digital are adjustable in light intensity, but limited on time settings

Last edited:
Trying to figure out these lights… I bought some of the digital ones, and looks like the time can be set well, but not the light intensity… the others are adjustable in light intensity, but limited on time settings

Mine are not Nicrew, but are very much the same functionally. You can set both the intensity and ramping it up and down to simulate sunrise and sunset.

The only problem is that if there’s a power outage you’ll lose the clock. When the outage is at night and the power is later restored, the light will remain off 24/7 until you reset the clock.

The opposite happens if the power outage is during the day. The light comes back on when the power is restored but it will not turn itself off at night until you reset the clock. That’s not a problem if you’re home, but imagine if you’re away for a week or 2 when that happens – the fish will either be in darkness or have full light for the 2 weeks' duration.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back