August 2013 - Potm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
All comments for pet of the month here please.

I don't usually tend to style horses' hair, but when I found her in the field today she looked like this...

:(

I'm guessing that I can't enter my friends GSD's because he's not a member? :( Even if if I am looking after them till September? I have a brilliant shot of one of them too. Would it help that my boyfriend is a member on here(darksoul996) and he has been dogsitting for the last few years(these two are only just over 1 year old but he had a male called Storm before these two and he passed away) so technically they are sort of joint ownership in a way...? Right? I'm fighting a losing battle here aren't I?

Honestly, the issue seems to be your forthrightness in typing a message.  If you just posted a pic, and a verification pic, no one would know anything.  You feel obligated to post.

According to the letter of the rules, non-TFF member's animals and tanks are not to be entered, whether you are pet sitting, house sitting, or otherwise.  Sorry. :/

You can feel free to post the pics in the banter thread though.

eaglesaquarium said:
Honestly, the issue seems to be your forthrightness in typing a message.  If you just posted a pic, and a verification pic, no one would know anything.  You feel obligated to post.

According to the letter of the rules, non-TFF member's animals and tanks are not to be entered, whether you are pet sitting, house sitting, or otherwise.  Sorry.
confused.gif

Ah well. I got a good picture of darksoul996's English Springer Spaniel, Honey, earlier so I can enter her :)

eaglesaquarium said:

According to the letter of the rules, non-TFF member's animals and tanks are not to be entered, whether you are pet sitting, house sitting, or otherwise.  Sorry. :/

Curious question, what about fostering? Would that count as technically not yours or yours seeing as its owned by the rescue and you're part of the rescue and such. I know we are getting into the technical stuff here.

If its within your own home, then I would suggest its yours at that time.  If you look at 'foster children', you are their parent for all extent and purposes for a particular period of time. 

But, I would ask that we get back to the heart of the competition, to show off and brag a bit about 'your' pet/tank/fish.  For me, its not about winning the competition as much as it is to show off a bit and have people look at your pet/tank/fish.

eaglesaquarium said:
If its within your own home, then I would suggest its yours at that time.  If you look at 'foster children', you are their parent for all extent and purposes for a particular period of time. 

But, I would ask that we get back to the heart of the competition, to show off and brag a bit about 'your' pet/tank/fish.  For me, its not about winning the competition as much as it is to show off a bit and have people look at your pet/tank/fish.

Yeah, I'll enter Honey the English Springer Spaniel later. I'm on my partners computer at the minute though so can't do it yet :)

I have entered "butterscotch" I don't know if he's allowed as he's only 4 days old. Struggled for a verification I have 3 or 4 pics there hoping one will be accepted as verification. 

6ba54580-43f4-48a1-b5f1-188c2dc1a50b_zps33ce410a.jpg

I just tried to enter my dog Katie. It's 11:39pm august 14th. I realize I'm late but I thought I'd try.

I entered on the 13th I was late too! It's ok, we will enter next months :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back