Attempt 2

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lol, i got out of school last friday. So this is my first official monday off of school for SUMMER! I've been to the pool twice already, and im now sporting a sunburn, ohh well. The guppies are so big it makes my 20 flat hexagon look over stocked, but it isnt! 10 guppies plus some small babies and some baby jewels isnt over sotcked, sides the fact the jewels numbers are dwindling.

Out of school already.. and I thought I was finishing early. Thats probably because i'm british and our summer take so long to come around because most of the time its so cold.

Shame about the Jewel fry. Hopefully some will reach it to adulthood.

Keep me posted with the guppys. Would be good to see how they get on.

I know, i wanted the babies to grow up, but now i have no place to take them that is within like 60 miles. My lfs is closing for 6 months, so i cant trade them in, i have a petsmart and a petco by me, but they arent willing to take them. There is a new petstore by a HUGE mall here that i might check out, and if so, i will ahev a plave to take baby guppies. I will definatley PM you when something happens. Atleast 1 birth is imenate ( spelling is terrible, i know) in the next week, possibly 2 births. And they are the HUGE guppies, so im guessing atleast 65 babies from each.

I hope so. 65 from each is a good number so you should have a good survival rate too.

Here are some pictures of my Jewel eggs..

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

There are loads!

Well, good luck and keep me posted.. I will let you know about my Jewels when they hatch (if they do )

:good:

The eggs went white over night so there will be no fry this time. Does that mean they were infertile or some other reason
I was doing water changes everyday while the eggs were in the tank so Idon't think it was because of my water quality.

Also, can they lay eggs with out the of a male being in the tank because I wasn't ever 100% sure of the sex of my Jewels until she laid some eggs?

Since they dont have very good coloring, it makes it REAL hard to tell, i would keep the one that layed the eggs ( or was fanning them, whichever) and take the other back and look for a good male.

How does this work:

Aww, they are so cute!

I love the rolling comentry on your videos, makes it more exciting!
Sorry to hear about your cockatoo. I couldn't tell you how to fix it tho because i'm not a medical expert.

Here are the Jewel Fry, whats left ( only like 4 or 5 in the tank). Today they are exactly 1 month and 3 days! Here is the Video, and make sure you turn on your Volume!

Your Jewels are coming along nicely there Krib. seems strange seeing them with Guppys tho lol.
My Jewels have layed some more eggs recently but the same happened.. they went white and herefore the parents ate them. I thnk i'm going to have to take the male back and see if it makes a difference.

Well Done. Hope yor guppys are doing well too! And your new tank :good:

Thank you! Thye are int here temporarly. If i can get them to selling size, i will move them, but if they die in that tnak, i will obviously take them out. They should be fine in there atm. Besides, i ahve a freind who might take them off my hands.

Most reactions

Back