Atl ga guy here with some animals in a tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You really need to spruce it up... fake plants or not... The frogs and shrimp need a place to hide... add some spider wood! Use gravel or sand instead of large river rocks... the sand and gravel is easy to vacuum... Java ferns would be a nice plant for a non substrate rooted plant! swords are a good in substrate plant!

No, I'll remove the large stones and go with more gravel. How do you "plant" the plants? Is there a special way you do it, I find it hard .

No, I'll remove the large stones and go with more gravel. How do you "plant" the plants? Is there a special way you do it, I find it hard .
Well, lets just make this simple and go with plants that dont need to be rooted into soil and stuff... I would recommend any anubias and any java fern of your choice... They can be tied or superglued onto rocks and wood (for you I would tie it on with fishing line). You could also get java moss and a floater plant like duckweed (hard to get out of the tank) or red root floaters

wait, so did you cycle the tank? how long has it been running?

@Domin3.3 Please be honest and answer this question: Have you cycled or ever heard of cycling your tank?

Well, lets just make this simple and go with plants that dont need to be rooted into soil and stuff... I would recommend any anubias and any java fern of your choice... They can be tied or superglued onto rocks and wood (for you I would tie it on with fishing line). You could also get java moss and a floater plant like duckweed (hard to get out of the tank) or red root floaters
Fast-growing plants are needed.
Of those you suggest, only the duckweed or 'red root floaters' meet that criteria.

Fast-growing plants are needed.
Of those you suggest, only the duckweed or 'red root floaters' meet that criteria.
I know... But if he is using only gravel name a fast growing plant that doesnt float and can be tied off to something

I know... But if he is using only gravel name a fast growing plant that doesnt float and can be tied off to something
The substrate chosen at the moment is unsuitable.
The pieces are too big and it's a complete waste trap.

That said, ANY plant that doesn't have rhizomes could be planted in it.

And, given the purpose of the planting, it doesn't even need to be 'tied off to something'.
To answer you, a very brief thought would shout out Pondweed.

There are more answers in the Plant part of this forum.

The substrate chosen at the moment is unsuitable.
The pieces are too big and it's a complete waste trap.

That said, ANY plant that doesn't have rhizomes could be planted in it.

And, given the purpose of the planting, it doesn't even need to be 'tied off to something'.
To answer you, a very brief thought would shout out Pondweed.

There are more answers in the Plant part of this forum.
hmm... he said he was switching to gravel though

No cycle. Found this at the store, what do you think..
IMG_20211030_204234_848.jpg

IMG_20211030_200913.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back