At a loss - Angelfish died suddenly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Sleeveless

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just signed up here and have a question that I just canā€™t seem to find an answer for. Yesterday I lost 1 of 2 Angelfish. A few weeks ago my wife and I noticed eggs on our filter intake pipe. It looks like it may have been the Angelfish based on the answers I could find. The eggs died and both Angels ate them and most likely my Pleco finished the job. A week later the one fish starts air grasping at the top but not anything that seemed excessive and still ate like normal. Yesterday stopped eating and stared hiding and had a red swelling near what Iā€™m assuming was the anus. Pics attached. I separated the fish into a hospital tank and though bacteria or fungus so started treating with meds. A few hours later the swelling red went down but fish went crazy. Upside down, laying on floor sideways, darting etc. not an hour later it was dead. Someone mentioned possibly egg bound but Iā€™m lost. It came out of nowhere and all water parameters are good. Any help is appreciated just seems to go from so so to really bad and have no clue why
IMG_9527.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back