Assignment Help

Esfa

Shrimpy Shrimp
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,585
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Andover
does anyone know what these pond creatures eat?

Small Fish Fry
Freshwater Hog Luse
Mosquito Larvae
Water Boatman
Damselfly Nymph
Leech
Ramshorn Snail
Water Fleas
Whirligig Beetle
Common Pondsnail
Freshwater Shrimp
Freshwater Mussel
Water Spideer
Bloodworm
Dragonfly Nymph
Beetle Larvae
Swimming mayfly nymph
Springtail
Hairworm
True Damselfly Nymph
Pond Skater
Tadpoles
Blackfly larvae
Mallard
Mink Scat

It's for my Animal Management course.

Thank you

Love you all :D
 
Small Fish Fry, anything meaty they can get, so small water fleas, bloodworm insect lavea e.t.c
Mosquito Larvae not 100%, but possible algea??
Water Boatman, I know these are preditory, but I don't realy know what they eat I'm afraid
Damselfly Nymph, mainly water betles I belive but not 100% again
Ramshorn Snail, algea and dead animal matter
Water Fleas, green water, basicaly free floating algea
Common Pondsnail, same as with the ramshorn snail
Freshwater Shrimp, same as with the above
Freshwater Mussel, these are filter feeders I belive, so presumable greenwater again?
Dragonfly Nymph, same as Damselflys I think...
Tadpoles, algea when youngh, algea and any decaying animal matter when older
Mallard, duck weed? I'm just guessing cause of the name :blush:

I know they are not all 100%, but it gives you a point to start researching from :good:

All the best
Rabbut
 
does anyone know what these pond creatures eat?

Small Fish Fry eat infusoria and free floating algae
Freshwater Hog Luse
Mosquito Larvae eat bacteria and other micro organisms including infusoria/paramecium.
Water Boatman eat algae and infusoria
Damselfly Nymph eat other small insects, fish & shrimp, generally anything they can catch.
Leech feed of the blood from other organisms like frogs and fish.
Ramshorn Snail feed on algae but will also eat dead fish and other rotting animals.
Water Fleas (Daphnia eat free floating algae and infusoria.
Whirligig Beetle
Common Pondsnail same as ramshorn snails
Freshwater Shrimp generally eat algae but will also take any sort of animal food in the water, dead fish or shrimp, etc.
Freshwater Mussel are filter feeders and take out microscopic and very small types of plankton from the water.
Water Spider should eat insects and insect larvae but might also take small fish and tadpoles.
Bloodworm the red bloodworm (Chirominid midge larvae) feeds on rotting plant matter.
Dragonfly Nymph same as damsel fly nymph but more aggressive and will grow bigger and take bigger prey items.
Beetle Larvae
Swimming mayfly nymph
Springtail
Hairworm
True Damselfly Nymph
Pond Skater
Tadpoles are generally an algae grazer but will eat anything meat based as well including turning to cannibalism when food runs short.
Blackfly larvae
Mallard duck should feed on plankton and vegetable matter. Will also eat insects and larvae and fish & shrimp.
Mink Scat

It's for my Animal Management course.

Thank you

Love you all :D
 
Freshwater Hog Louse
Whirligig Beetle
Beetle Larvae
Swimming mayfly nymph
Springtail
Hairworm
True Damselfly Nymph
Pond Skater
Mink Scat

what she still needs to know. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top