Assassin Snails And Plants

GrayScale

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Will assassin snails eat live plants? I'm starting to get a grossly large population of pond snails that I'd like to take care of with the assassin snails but I will look into an alternative if they eat my plants. I do have watersprite and I know snails love it.

In a word, 'no'. IME they are a must in a planted tank. Contrary to rumour they don't breed like wild fire. When they do evetually breed, you can always sell them on. Everyones a winner. :good: (apart from the pest snails)

In a word, 'no'. IME they are a must in a planted tank. Contrary to rumour they don't breed like wild fire. When they do evetually breed, you can always sell them on. Everyones a winner. :good: (apart from the pest snails)

They won't eat your plants, I am selling some assassin snails at the moment, PM me if you're interested :good:

Thanks for the info.

I saw your post in the classifieds. I'm in the US so that would be some pricey shipping to get them across the pond! :p

I was thinking about getting 1 or 2 for my 10g and maybe 2 or 3 for my 20 long.

Sounds good grayscale have you got a colony of "pest snails" to keep them fed? If not I would add some but then again I actually like many of the species that people call pest snails....

Sounds good grayscale have you got a colony of "pest snails" to keep them fed? If not I would add some but then again I actually like many of the species that people call pest snails....

My 10g breeder is overrun with pest snails and my main 20g tank has started to get them but I don't know how they got there. I just don't want the pest snail to start munchin on all my watersprite in my display. I remove them by hand when I see them from my display but man those things hatch, grow, and breed super fast haha.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back