Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Koda

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok...I am a dummy.Or blind...or something :blink:

I wanted food for my cories,which I am new to keeping.So I bought Omega One kelp pellets.I guess I didn't look closely enough at the label.When I went to feed them,the pellets bobbed on the surface and nothing would make them sink....not even shooshing them under with the frog baster.On closer inspection I find it clearly marked in little letters "floating" :rolleyes:

My other fish are merrily playing a form of what appears to be soccer with them :lol:

So are they of any use to me at all or did I just waste nearly six bucks???

Would crushing them help?

Sorry if these are truly stupid questions :S

Koda

Hi Koda :)

That's so funny! :lol: I can just picture your fish playing with them. :lol:

Why not just see if you can exchange them for Wardley's Spirulina discs or some other kind of sinking algae tabs? :unsure: If your lfs won't go for that, you might just try soaking them for awhile. If that doesn't do the trick, once they are thoroughly wet and softened, you might try squeezing the air out of them.

Please let me know what you finally decide to do. :D

I crushed a few and now it sinks.The other fish still go after it but at least some reaches the bottom.In addition to kelp it is supposed to be made from spirulina,salmon,cod and herring....something for everyone :D The albino cory was the first (of the corys) to discover a bit and he paused in his busy scurrying to savor it with a very fishy smile.I try to feed a varied diet,with frozen bloodworms and shrimp pellets,along with betta and tropical flakes and pellets.Now and then I hatch BBS,and sometimes shell a few peas for everyone.They all eat some of everything that goes in the tank...including the frog bites :p So hopefully all the fish will get what they need :wub:

Koda

When you get algae food for them next time, get Hikari algae wafers if you can. I have NEVER found a better brand than Hikari, and the fish just love it!!! It is more balanced than Wardley, and the fish like it better. Let's just say that Hikari makes the only fish food that actually has an expiration date on it--apparently the other brands don't care enough to put one on.

lol i have done that many times.
I just bought some more, i guess its only 6 bucks.
But you may be able to do something with them, i cant think of ne thing tho.

Most reactions

Back