Are these snail eggs or babies or something else and how do I get rid of them?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jan Cavalieri

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Covering my "spike' plants are a huge variety of snails - easy to pick off but after that your don with a slime colored plant. The slime sees to be clear and does seem to eventually kill or damage the plant. I'm just soaking the plants in the water along with the clear gel covering the leaves. How do I get the gell stuff off the leaes - I'm sick of having them pn there. Are they edible to any species ? Can I soak the ornaments on in a bleach solution? What do I do to get them out of the water - don't want to hurt fish or plants. We're talking hundreds of these.

Will you please upload a clear picture of said snails?

Hi, I'm watching this post too because I counted 38 baby snails in my tank today. Keen to get rid of some humanely.

I se to throw all of my snails in my pond until they took it over. Now they go in the trash. Yes, you can bleach ornaments in a 1:10 solution. Rinse really well and then soak in a Seachem Prime and water solution.

I se to throw all of my snails in my pond until they took it over. Now they go in the trash. Yes, you can bleach ornaments in a 1:10 solution. Rinse really well and then soak in a Seachem Prime and water solution.
It’s hard for me to just throw excess snails in the trash. I guess I’m a softy for aquatic fish. :blink:

I always was too but they have taken over. I have no place else for them. I was even putting them in a wading pool but hubbie dumped it out. :(

You could always get a few assassin snails, or (depending on your set-up) a couple botia loaches or a puffer. All those unwanted snails will just sort of pffffft disappear!

Attached is a picture of the "slime" - looks look water droplets. feels like slime (see the big droplets) the kind you play with).

I think my first picutres were deleted because one included a picture of my first and newborn grandson and I was showing offl I guess that violated one of the rules.
Picture of slime .jpg

they are snail eggs on the Amazon sword plant leaves.

just scrape them off with your finger nail.

Last edited:
It depends what other fish are in the tank. Puffers are not good community fish. But in a species tank they will make short work of snails.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back