Are There Any Shrimp That Prefer Cooler Temps?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Around 20-22 would be the current ambient
 
Most shrimp, if not all, will be fine at that temp. :thumbs: I would actually recommend a lower temp, as shrimp need good levels of oxygen and it also makes them live longer before becoming 'old'.

Assuming my math is correct, and that is 68-72F like I think.
 
Most shrimp, if not all, will be fine at that temp. :thumbs: I would actually recommend a lower temp, as shrimp need good levels of oxygen and it also makes them live longer before becoming 'old'.

Assuming my math is correct, and that is 68-72F like I think.

Cherry Red shrimp will do fine at this temp.. i breed mine at 24 but they will happily live at 22 as i have used lower temps in tanks before ith them.

Tiger Shrimp would also feel very at home at 22 :)
 
As the other guys have said most dwarf shrimp prefer it cooler...

I keep my Crystal Reds at 22/23 degrees.

Ah cool, I'll be sure to keep them at that temp when you give me some, yeah? :hey:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top