Are plec's to big for a 10 gallon tank

Well, i dunno, but i've kept my peckoltia in a 15gal for quite a few yrs.
I'm inclined to say a 10 might be too small, tho. (obv. some think this tank too small) :unsure:
Maybe the ottos....

cory, they can be territorial....12" territories I think is what I've read...just a thought. ;)

Gibbo said:
Ancistrus sp. generally only get to 4" or so (with few exceptions) and Otocinclus sp. only get to a couple of inches and are good in 'gangs'. :)
If you get a female ancistrus they only grow to about 3 inches - they're a bit smaller than the males. Great fish for a small tank IMHO - they have a rather clumsy swimming motion so don't need gallons of swimming space, but they do like their bogwood, caves and plants to hide in.

Don't be put off by their ugliness - that's a major part of their appeal. They have very expressive eyes (for a fish), they kind of look at you pleadingly as if to say "Please love me, even though I'm ugly as sin!" :wub:

do not get african dwarf frogs. someone else's when they opened the lid of the aquarium they jumped on her face out of the water.

I had an african dwarf frog. Loved him a lot! He was alone in a big ten gallon tank for a while. I finally felt so bad for my poor Cedric that I bought him a pal. Cedric was a pretty big african dwarf frog...as far as they go anyway. I got the biggest I could find at the lfs. The lady there said they should be fine. Well, Cedric immediately tore the poor frog up before I could even get him or her out. Well, the frog died after I took it out and put it in a large goldfish bowl I had and Cedric died a few days later. It was tragic.

Laurie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back