Are Peacock Gudgeon Really Aggressive?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

l_l_l

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've been to a lfs who's gained my trust and asked the guy if he was able to get me a couple of peacock gudgeons.
He warned me that they were aggressive tho so now I'm starting to wonder if I should introduce them in my 46g aquarium..

It's heavily planted, and has room for those no problem.
I'd just have to tweak and add a few hidey places and that's it.

Mine aren't aggressive at all, at least from what I've seen :)

What else do you have in the tank?

Ninjouzata said:
Mine aren't aggressive at all, at least from what I've seen
smile.png

What else do you have in the tank?
Thanks!
I have 1 pearl Gourami, 12 Rummy Nose Tetras, 10 Celestial Pearl Danios, 6 Corydora Pygmy, 6 Amano Shrimp and 4 Nerite Snails.

Do you have a couple or a different mix?

I have two, a male & female.

They're in with spotted blue-eyes & neon tetras :)

Ninjouzata said:
I have two, a male & female.

They're in with spotted blue-eyes & neon tetras
smile.png
Nice, and having any trouble getting them to eat flakes or pellets?

Nope
smile.png
They eat New Life Spectrum small fish formula & I put in 1 omega one shrimp pellet. They may not have taken to them the first few days but eventually they caught on.
I havn't tried flakes with them cause I don't like using flakes. They also eat bloodworms c:

Good to know. I think I'll get some, I just rescapped my 46g and added a whole bunch of hidey holes/caves in there, looks pretty sweet :)

You should post pics! :D

I actually have a video uploaded in my Journal, but here is the link for easier access ;)

We can't really see the hidey holes, but I've seen my fishes go through them a few times already so my guess is they enjoy them :p
Now only have to get around on getting some gudgeons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qSxiheWWI0

Very beautiful tank! I bet they'll love it.

Peacock Gudgeon are not aggressive at all, quite the opposite in fact. I wonder if the LFS guy was getting confused with Peacock Cichlids? Certainly worth checking with the guy when you order.

Exactly what I was thinking!
In any case, I have found another LFS that supposedly has them on site, I'm going to check them tomorrow morning and hopefully they are in fact gudgeons and not cichlids!

I really hate how LFS are clueless about the scientific names and I have to ask around with the common name.
Mixes everyone up!
ARRRGG

Nice!!! Finally got hold of someone who knew them by their scientific name, and they are available!! yayyyy

l_l_l said:
Nice!!! Finally got hold of someone who knew them by their scientific name, and they are available!! yayyyy
Woohoo! When are you going to pick them up? :D

Tomorrow AM :D
I'm gonna post a video :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back