Are Indian Almond Leaves Good For Killis?

HaHaHa Amerce Hows it going lass.
I was just going to refer him to you.
Regards
BigC

The leaves are OK but you can just as easily use black water extract.

is that the bottles of black water extract i have tetra black water extract would this be good to use?
and does it change your ph much?
also do you need to keep adding it on a regularly basis so not to get jumps in ph?

thanks alot guys :good:

Yes it will lower your ph so you need to keep an eye on it, to make it consistent you could always try using peat on the base of your tank and that will last longer and should keep it stable for longer.

You can use the blackwater you have and just top it up as and when you do water changes to keep the brown tea colour going in the tank, light tea not too dark.

Hi Colin, how you doing, you will have to get back to me and tell me what you are keeping nowadays :D

It also depends on what killis you are keeping as to whether the Indian Almond leaves are good for killis. Not all of them like soft tanned acid water.
I find the Almond leaves alot cheaper than the bottles of black water extract and have had better results in the appearance and health of the fish. I get mine from the T A Aquaculture website via mail order.
If you want to just tan the water in a small breeding tank then it can be very cheap and easy. I make a cup of ordinary tea with NO milk or sugar, I then let it cool and ust a pippette to dodge the scum on the surface to remove the tea underneath. This is then added to the fish tank to tan the water. Doing this was what got my pseudoepiplaty annulatus breeding and producing over 3 years ago.

The leaves are OK but you can just as easily use black water extract.

is that the bottles of black water extract i have tetra black water extract would this be good to use?
and does it change your ph much?
also do you need to keep adding it on a regularly basis so not to get jumps in ph?

thanks alot guys :good:
Hi chris,ive got plenty of indian almond leaves if you want to give them a try :)

As already said, it depends on whatever species your dealing with at the time.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back