Are Fish Affected By The Weather

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
3,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hudson, Wisconsin USA
If it's raining or if it's thundering and lighting outside. do the fish inside the house know that it's storming?
 
I have read that certain fish are more likely to breed during or after a thunderstorm. Don't really know if it helped the corys with my husband flashing his torch and shouting 'bang' though; I felt the extra rations of bloodworm had more to do with it.

Other fish like to breed when the morning sun hits the tank.
 
Some will respond to atmospheric pressure changing, e.g. the aptly named weather loach.
Being indoors/ outside won't hide changes in atmospheric pressure - otherwise barmoters wouldn't work in the house.
I don't reckon my fish (tetra, discus, and rams) respond to changes in the weather, and have no idea as to if they are aware of such changes or not.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top