Are Balloon Mollies...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Do you think balloon mollies are ugly?

• Yes, they are so ugly that instead of round the ankles, they put the Bungee Jumping cord round it's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, They are BEAUTIFUL FISH

• I don't know

• I dislike them, but don't hate them

• They're OK, but I don't love them.

• Total voters
Ugly is harsh. I dislike them myself. Inbreeding so much you get a potbelly stomach just doesn't appeal to me...

I suggest you put in an "I dislike" answer, or a "They're OK" one. The two you have are extreme both ways.

i quite like themm but i wouldnt buy them bad history, etc inbred, track record for swim bladder etc but they still quite nice in my opinion, i wouldnt say anyfish was ugly,but there are nicer ones

i dont agree with the genetic modification that has been carried out to create the strain. Had it not shortened their live span and left them with difficulties then maybe i would approve, but being a huge LB fan ( and out of the 7 tanks i have, the biggest, my 60" is LB !!) i really dont like them.

Even this beautiful one is ugly... LOOK IT'S POOPING :D :lol:
balloon_molly.jpg

I just feel uncomfortable seeing them, like with any species that's had its natural design ruined (celestial goldfish, some dog breeds). On the other hand, can't think of anything more magnificent looking than a fine healthy normal molly.

I guess the question is where do you draw the line? This is a long standing debate. If you think about dogs, nearly all breeds can be traced back to the wolf, how the hell did a wolf become a poodle?!?!?!?!

I cant say I like ballon mollies, but thats just me, if it starts to affect their ability to live normal lives and swim, etc then its probably time to say enough is enough. However, neon tetra's are as you find them in the wild, but massive over production to cope with demand means most dont live very long and are poor at disease prevention.

Sam

I know the ballooned belly is bad for them, but I really like those fish!

They make me wanna poke them, like the pilsburry dougboy!

I guess the question is where do you draw the line? This is a long standing debate. If you think about dogs, nearly all breeds can be traced back to the wolf, how the hell did a wolf become a poodle?!?!?!?!

I cant say I like ballon mollies, but thats just me, if it starts to affect their ability to live normal lives and swim, etc then its probably time to say enough is enough
Sam

Yes, that's what makes me uncomfortable; they can't really swim well; same with a lot of fancy goldfish. With a poodle it's different, they can still run about. Though I have to say I prefer the more wolf-looking dogs. A Norwegian elkhound, that's my idea of a real dog! But I'm going off topic....

they are beautiful, some of my baby mollies that are 1.5 years old don't have a belly, 3/8 of them have no belly and one of them is enormous. it's 3 times the size of all the other balloon mollies, and he has no belly.

I like my Balloon Molly.

Just didn't know they had such a history like that, though :/

Most reactions

trending

Back