Archer Wants My Attention

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jonny5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
maybe im a bit crazy but sometimes i will be in my room reading something or at my computer and then a stream of water will hit me or fall near me, and i look at its always my one particular archer fish looking at me.

My tank only has a crack of an opening at the front (to accomidate a breeder net) and about an inch opening along the back. So the archer would have to do some pretty nifty ballistics to get me.

I have a bunch these very tiny like half a millimeter bugs all on the inner rim of my tank and he might be shooting at them but sometimes i think he is watching me and trying to get my attention. If so that is a very neat little sign of intelligence....and kinda creepy...hes watching me.

Aww, that's adorable. I can almost see what you mean when you say it's creepy, but you could teach him some cool tricks that take advantage of that!

That is pretty cool. I also can definitely understand the creepiness. I had a betta tank on my nightstand, and the betta would watch me and my husband during alone time :p

One of my GSP's (assuming she is a girl) When she is stressed out all i have to do is put my face up to her tank, and she immediately will come closer to me, lay on the sand, and her black belly turns whit again! I think she finds comfort by me. I have saved her life twice now :crazy:

I would like to keep 2 archers with my Tandanus catfish in my 160ltr tank. I also want some bottom dwellers and am thinking of 2 malawi and a princess chiclid.
Any reason why not? The Archers will be on the surface.

I would like to keep 2 archers with my Tandanus catfish in my 160ltr tank. I also want some bottom dwellers and am thinking of 2 malawi and a princess chiclid.
Any reason why not? The Archers will be on the surface.

I have no experience with the other fishes, but my archers just go ANYWHERE in the tank, including picking food leftovers from the sandy bottom. The cichlids may not like that....

Archer fish need brackish water when older, so wouldn't be compatible with any of the fish you mentioned @Gregl

Most reactions

Back