Arc Tanks ?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Ok - I am going to get the 35L Arc~ in a few weeks (my birthday in july - so my gf is buying it me)

I am going to get hopefully Cherry Shrimp + one male betta.

- Would this work? Any advice you could give me?

Hopefully I am aiming to breed some of the cherry shrimp so would it still be ok with the betta?


Any advice is happily taken :P

Please? lol.

:good:


Btw, I think im definatly getting a heater, my room is warm most of the time. But I want them to be as happy as possible.

Also Minx~ has told me I need to cover the corners incase the shrimp go for the great escape. How could I cover the corners? He recommended Condensation Lid - but I think that would effect the look of the tank.
 
You could go for cling film. That is what I ended up doing on my Clear Seal B shaped tank. I will be making a bespoke cover out of Acrylic when I get chance.
 
2 things

1-Arc tanks are a nightmare if you live in a hard water area you will get sick of it, when the water evaporates it leaves horrible lines because of the open corners - and cellophane looks horrid. AQUA ONE Have some really nice cube tanks out lately, have a look at them instead.

2-Bettas can't always be trusted not to eat shrimp so you have to trial and error the situation, i.e. don't just pour 15 shrimp in then walk off because you might find none left
 
Yeah I live in a VERY hard water area :( grr im annoyed now. I carnt find any Aqua Ones in my LFS around here. Do they sell them in p@h?
 
But what about air?


I put a condesation tray on and some Cling Film to cover the gap between the tray and the B part of the tank. It is not noticable if you take your time. ? There is a gap at the back where the cables for the heater and the airline comes on so there is not a problem with air.
 
Yeah I live in a VERY hard water area :( grr im annoyed now. I carnt find any Aqua Ones in my LFS around here. Do they sell them in p@h?

Not too sure about P@H selling the cubes but they sell the new Fluval 'Edge' which looks awesome, have a look up online
 
Yeah but the difference is, the Arc~ is £50 and the Fluval Edge is about £89.

I prefer the Arc~ personally. But Im sure I will change my mind again by the time I get the tank.

I think I will get a condensation tray, cut it to size carefully so it sits on perfect with no gaps apart from the gaps for the wires etc.
 
i just gave my arcadia arc 25 away as well with a glass top for it :(
 
ermmm there ok for small fish i used mine for guppy fry ages and ages ago but i didnt have no problems with them bar the filter i thought it was rubbish so got a better filter thats about it mate ideal for small things like but the fluval EDGE os the one like save a bit more cash and get that... worth it in the end mate and you will be glad you waited
 
Im thinking of just using it to breed cherry shrimp, make abit of cash for myself. and this tank would be on the side of my main tank, and you wouldnt see it unless you moved round to look at it on purpose. so the look of it doesnt really matter.
 
Seapets have got a ViaAQUA VA380 AQUARIUM with hood for £53 includes lights and filter
 
I dont like this. The only reason I like the Arc is the way the light is, and the way the lid is etc. :P

May sound a bit weird but hey lol
 
I dont like this. The only reason I like the Arc is the way the light is, and the way the lid is etc. :P

May sound a bit weird but hey lol


Yep I know what you mean, June PFK has a review of Nano tanks and lists most of the ones on the market. Might be an idea to have a look at it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top