🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi where can i buy one of these in the UK? and how can i fit them to a uk tap

like this...

two_handle_bath_tap_bath_tap_uk.jpg

im not sure you could use it on a tap like that,

most taps have a round metal screen on them that you can remove by unscrewing it, you need to do that, then the python adapter screws into the tap, does your tap have something like that?

No its just got a hole on it, everyones are the same around here.

SeverumGS said:
No its just got a hole on it, everyones are the same around here.

then i dont see any way of connecting a python to that tap

That sucks, do they not make connectors that go over the top like they do for hose pipes

Like this?

1307093677_u2020.jpg

im not really sure, i was just going by what is included in the python kit itself

i bought my python about 20 years ago, and have not needed to look for any parts since

Lucky you man, i'm stuck with buckets and back ache lol!

Are you based in the States then? i read USA taps have different thread on them than UK taps anyway, mine however has none lol

GShorty1981 said:

Are you based in the States then? i read USA taps have different thread on them than UK taps anyway, mine however has none lol

i am in Canada,

and yes the python system (if you can use it with your tap) is the best money you will ever spend on the hobby....i could not imagine living without mine....i have not carried a bucket in 20 years,

i cant quite remember but i think i paid about 50-60 dollars for it (our money is pretty much equal to US Dollars).....so when you break that down it cost me about 3 dollars a year for something i use at least once a week....well worth it!!

Mikey1 said:

i am in Canada,
You're so lucky; out my mum's house, my mum's old house and mine, we've not had a single tap, in any place, that you could properly fit a hose to!

If i did buy one it would have to be the 50ft version, which with p+p is around £100 (154.96 US Dollar) which is steep, but i have no problem paying as i just made £100 selling off all my Cichlids to make room for my solo Flowerhorn.

But its stupid nobody in the UK sells anything similar to this to fit our taps etc :(

it's getting it to fit on our taps that's the problem; you can buy the bits to make a 'python' cheaply at a DIY place; there's a thread on it in the DIY forum.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back