Aquaticmagic Java Fern Question?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zig

z is z
Reaction score
Has anybody bought this plant from Aquaticmagic what I really want to know is this the long leaf version or just the ordinary shorter leaf version, Im looking for the long leaf version but am not sure if this is the right one.

He has two versions on the site a narrow leaf version and a needle leaf version, but gives conflicting info in the blurb for each plant, he says one will grow to 14 inches but in the blurb says it will only grow to 7 inches the other will grow to 6 inches (or so he says) so I am confused, can anyone shed any light here who may have bought this plant.

This is the narrow leaf version which I believe may be the one I am looking for (the longer 14 inch leaf version)

Narrow leaf Java fern

This is the other one which may be the wrong one, but I am totally open to correction on this.

Needle leaf fern

This blurb here is a bit confusing about needle leaf fern from the site

'It bears close resemblance to NARROW LEAF FERN. However, its maximum height is only about 6 inches. NARROW LEAF FERN, on the other hand, can grow up to 14 inches. It looks neater when tied to driftwood.'

So the same plant can grow to 6 inchs or 14 inches :rolleyes:

Anyone any ideas here

Thanks in advance

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can`t help Zig, but you can contact Aquaticmagic via the sponsor`s forum on APC.

Dave.

I personally think aquamagic is an amazing shop but alot of people hate on him. see this thread from another forum http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plants/5...s-aquadise.html
I've always been super happy with him but since I've never bought plants from him I don't know personally how good he is in this area but from all the threads I have read here there and every where I wont be buying plants from him.
just something to think about

I personally think aquamagic is an amazing shop but alot of people hate on him. see this thread from another forum http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plants/5...s-aquadise.html
I've always been super happy with him but since I've never bought plants from him I don't know personally how good he is in this area but from all the threads I have read here there and every where I wont be buying plants from him.
just something to think about

That thread is a different shop Garuf. Its Aquadise whereas we are talking about Aquatic Magic.

A lot of people do complain that the portions are small from Aquatic Magic and indeed they are. The point I would make though is that whilst the portions are small they seem to be high quality and grow very quickly.

I bought a pot of Crypt Wendtii brown from P@H in January and as normal the tropica pot was crammed full of crowns. loads of value for money.

I bought a portion of the same plant from Aquatic Magic and got 2 crowns (about 5% of the Tropica). After 2 months the AM 2 crowns had outgrown the 6 month old Tropica one. Hopefully all the plants I've just got will do the same.

Andy

No I have never had a problem with buying things from Aquaticmagic, I have bought several diffusers, bubble counters, drop checkers, and lots of hard to get plants, mosses in particular and never encountered a problem, when you have been in this hobby for a while you generally end up with tons of moss that you have grown out yourself, so when the small amount arrives from Aquaticmagic the two don't tally, but they never will when you look at it like that. Things were always posted promptly and arrived in good condition absolutely no problems. With the free postage offers certain things are now very good value IMO.

As regards my question, on further research its the needle leaf version that I want so I will order it today, just as well I double checked though you could easily order the wrong one and only find out 3 months later when its fully grown out!!

Thanks everyone.

I pasted in the wrong link, some one didn't proof read :( apologies

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plants/5...s-info-plz.html

This was the one I ment to paste in.
If you've had good service (like I have too) from them then continue to use them it just seems that there's an awful lot of people who have been unhappy when they have got their plants, didn't mean to start a argument.

That thread is a little contradictory me thinks.

If the people are buying from an internet shop then they should've done like me and gone to google copy and pasting the name of the plant in. Then they can find out the best habitats, where it comes from, other peoples experiences etc.

At the end of the day there are a lot of plants that people have said are non aquatic and the real problem was that it was temperamental or their tank conditions didn't suit.

A lot of the mosses are originally non aquatic but they grow in tanks really well.

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH that is the key. I would bet if someone asked Mike if it was aquatic he would probably say no it is for show tanks, or it grows in certain conditions but not others.

Anyway my point is do your research before you buy something.

andy

I bought a Windelov fern from AM - it was massive! Cost me £3 inc. P&P and I was very impressed.

As for the linked thread, lost of plants that are not fully aquatic will grow well underwater (e.g. moss), but you need to provide excellent conditions for them - putting such moss in a poorly lit, no CO2 aquarium is likely to reduce in the stuff dieing.

he is very good. the flame moss i bought from him is doing great + he has a free postage sale on so i am gonna get some of that fern today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back