Aquatic Caterpillar

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JDWolf

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have asked this in another post else where but throught i would see if anyone know anything about these? About a week ago i got some plants for my 10 gallon tank and i've noticed a number of un-wanted additions to my tank. I now have some small pest snails which i am dealing with (they are getting crushed / fed to a friends puffer). However today i noticed a leaf moving around, it seems the plants also had a caterpillar on them. Its about 2 cm long, green and has a load of hairs / spikes running along the side. It seems to have made a mobile home out of leaves which it is hiding in. Have tried taking a pic with my mobile but cant get it to focus, but will try again later.

Anyone had any experiance with anything like this before? Do i need to remove it from my tank or will it be ok to leave it? Anyone know if it is a-sexual? Im guessing it will be, dont really want my tank over run with them!

Thanks for any help you can give

Jon

Thanks! No one else seems to know what they are. Will get rid of it later and will make sure i dont touch its hairs!!!

Thanks again

Jon

Most reactions

Back