Aquascaping A Boxy Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Alm0stAwesome

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and many of you may have spotted me because I've posted in just about every topic on the forum over the past week haha. I'd like some help with scaping my tank please. I'll include pictures below. The only thing I am attached to is the substrate at the moment, everything else can go (even the bubbles :p). There is a black background on the tank which I quite like as well.

There are two factors that are tripping me up. First is that the pH of my tap water is low at 6.8 so my plans to put a nice piece of bogwood in there are foiled I think (I'd love to hear your opinions on that) because I don't want it any lower. Second, is I think the shape of my tank limits my options. Unlike a nice long tank (hindsight...) mine is almost a cube and so I'm just not sure where to start. W39cm x D33cm x H43cm

The tank is only 48L so I don't want to lose too much space, I'm thinking something quite simple may be in order. I've got a good choice of plants at my local shops so please make your reccomendations there as well. I'll be keeping guppies and corys.

IMAG1103.jpg

IMAG1104.jpg

And a stock picture so you can see the depth a bit better:
51dnS7wQe5L_SX300_.jpg

I like to look of that little tank as is. Like you said you don't want it so full of plants your fish cannot move.

Hi
firstly i'm not sure why you think a PH of 6.8 is going to cause problems.
Secondly, there are plenty of other types of wood that won't affect PH (if it bothers you)
Thirdly, why not treat the tank like an oversized Nano.Have a look in the journal section.There are some very nice nano tanks there ATM

stu

Most reactions

Back