Aquascape advice please!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

laingdda

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon tank and it has 4 Cory and 5 guppies. I have attached a picture of my tank. It has two bits of wood, two rocks. It has some sort of aquatic grass and a variety of plants that I don’t know the name of. Today I added some java moss to the wood and on the gravel/sand to try to create a java mods carpet. Is there anything else I should add? Plants? Moss? Background?

Attachments

• B0B64C30-36FE-42F6-9C54-D5AFF6D36EA5.jpeg
    B0B64C30-36FE-42F6-9C54-D5AFF6D36EA5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
I have a 20 gallon tank and it has 4 Cory and 5 guppies. I have attached a picture of my tank. It has two bits of wood, two rocks. It has some sort of aquatic grass and a variety of plants that I don’t know the name of. Today I added some java moss to the wood and on the gravel/sand to try to create a java mods carpet. Is there anything else I should add? Plants? Moss? Background?
No pic,

Definitely add a background. You can make one out of a black trash bag or black card stock.

I also suggest you get more plants. Especially tall back ground plants, like Anacharis. Take my 10g betta tank as an inspiration:
31E362D0-9762-4D15-AF17-B865169CED2E.jpeg

Looks nice.
Looks nice! Maybe build a rock cave as a centerpiece in middle. Cories like caves. I would add some anacharis or a tall sword in the right corner too. I like a mixture of plants. Very nice job!

Last edited:
I like the aquascape. A plain black background would really make a difference, and I would do this before making any interior changes. Black construction paper is inexpensive and works very well.

I don't know what the bright triangle-shaped thing is on the right, looks something like a mirror reflection?

I like the aquascape. A plain black background would really make a difference, and I would do this before making any interior changes. Black construction paper is inexpensive and works very well.

I don't know what the bright triangle-shaped thing is on the right, looks something like a mirror reflection?
I think that’s just a light coming through.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back