Aquanano 40

aqua monster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi people i have set up my Aquanano 40 today and just want to know it the filter in the rear is ok as it is or should i change it as i see some people remove the foam and put floss there?

I have put the heater in the last bay with he power head is this ok.?

:good:

Hi people i have set up my Aquanano 40 today and just want to know it the filter in the rear is ok as it is or should i change it as i see some people remove the foam and put floss there?

I have put the heater in the last bay with he power head is this ok.?

:good:
i have one of these and have theheater in the same place and has been fine very good tank

I have one too, and the filter is fine as it is; a very good filter for a nano tank!

Perfect...cheers people!!

You know the foam, Did you cut it into 2 as i have seen some people do this and place half of it the other end where the power head sits?

You know the foam, Did you cut it into 2 as i have seen some people do this and place half of it the other end where the power head sits?

I haven't personally I have it in first compartment with some other sponges and ceramic noodles in compartment 2 and the heater and power head in 3

I haven't personally I have it in first compartment with some other sponges and ceramic noodles in compartment 2 and the heater and power head in 3

Thats how i have mine, You know your power head you can adjust the out put..? am i right in thinking that when you place the power head in the water that you do it so you can adjust easy by having this showing at the top and the power lead is in the water under it.

Thats how i have mine, You know your power head you can adjust the out put..? am i right in thinking that when you place the power head in the water that you do it so you can adjust easy by having this showing at the top and the power lead is in the water under it.
it works either way but I recommend that way yes

My father in law has one of these, and I set it up for him, really good tanks actually. I found teh powerhead works best with the adjuster lever on the top otherwise air seems to get stuck inside it and makes it noisy when you do water changes.

Where does the water enter into the last compartment? IIRC it goes into the top, as it goes down through the foam from the tank, then back up through the ceramic tubes? So any floss in the last compartment would be pretty pointless as it would never flow through it, unless it was on top of the powerhead? I think thats how they work anyway, worth having a look at yours to check.

So if you put floss in the system i think it would be best on top of the second compartment.

The one i see had the floss where the water 1st enters in...ie cut the foam in half..put foam in 1st with the floss on top so the water goes onto the floss 1st.....Im with you tho keep it as it is... :good:

I see another one withe foam in the 1st and last part where the power head sits...

They had cut the foam to shape to fit around the power head...

You want the water to go through the foam first to filter out the big bits then the floss last to remove the little bits- so the way you say you have seen it doesn't make any sense to me, it should be the other way round. I'd leve it though, the foam that is included is such a big bit that it seems to get everything out by itself anyway.

Im think im just going to leave it as you say it works well with out playing about with it... :good:

Most reactions

Back